Food Biz Start-Up Workshop May 6th, 9am-5pm in East End’s APEX event space
Have a secret recipe or food business you want to bring to market? The team at East End Market and a cadre of local food professionals want to help you make your food business dream a reality! From licensing to branding, East End’s 8 hour Food Biz Start-Up workshop covers everything to kick-start your culinary concept.
The first half of the workshop focuses on all the the rules behind food regulations, liability, insurance, permitting and food prep.
Other topics covered in the AM session:
- Getting your concept out of your head and onto paper
- Exploring what business structure to chose
- A look at trends and gaps in local food scenes
- How to get you product on store shelves
- Getting the green light to sell at area markets
- Day in the life of a foodpreneur
- Working with Dept. of Health and Florida Dept. of Ag
- Working in commissary kitchens
- Start-up costs and other fiscal consideration
he second half of the day will teach you how to tell your story, brand your business , build the buzz, and leverage social media platforms to build a loyal and engaged customer base.
Other topics covered in the PM session:
- Developing you brand
- Building and selling with you e-mail list
- Creating logos and graphics
- Marketing, PR and getting the word out
- Visual Merchandizing
- Deep dive into Social Media Strategy
- Food Photography
NOTE: Ticket Includes Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast Menu: Lineage Coffee / Infused Water / Seasonal Chia Pudding / Olde Hearth Assorted Pastry
Lunch Menu: Iced Tea / Build Your Own Grain Bowl / Seasonal Vegetables / Local / Chicken Or Tempeh / Sauce Bar / Sweet Treat
FEEDback Fair Saturday May 20th, 11am-3pm in the East End Courtyard
The FEEDback Fair is the culmination of East End’s startup series for foodpreneurs. Participants from the market’s Food Biz Start-Up workshops set up tables in the East End courtyard on a busy Saturday to receive comments on their concepts from the market’s many patrons.
Participation in the FEEDback Fair is by application/invitation only. Interested food start-ups can apply during the May 6th workshop or by downloading an application, filling it out and e-mailing it to Jessica
Audubon Park Exchange (APEX)
3201 Corrine Dr.
Orlando, FL 32803
Map and Directions