Food Biz Start-Up Workshop May 6th, 9am-5pm in East End’s APEX event space
Have a secret recipe or food business you want to bring to market? The team at East End Market and a cadre of local food professionals want to help you make your food business dream a reality!
This workshop meets you where you are and has helped countless students go from analysis paralysis to full throttle acceleration of their food business idea.
From licensing to branding, East End’s 8 hour Food Biz Start-Up workshop covers everything to kick-start your culinary concept.
The End Result: A Bulletproof Blueprint for launching your culinary concept with confidence and a with a foundation for long-term success.
The course is designed to fill the rocket and ignite it
– No fluff or filler, just actionable advice form industry pros that will alleviate overwhelm and get you laser focused on what to do next.
The course is designed this way because starting a food business is actually a lot like rocket science.
– If starting a successful food business was easy everyone would be doing it…..but it’s honestly damn complicated. Don’t lose heart though because it’s all figure-out-able and this course will help you discover what you don’t know but need to know ASAP.
You have to land the rocket safely
– There is no greater excitement than the start-up phase of your food business, but keeping your biz safely in orbit and transitioning to a well managed business takes finesse. This workshop is designed help you harness the power of your passion while providing you the know-how not to end up crash landing.
??What would a workshop on food be without some damn tasty food and beverage??
East End’s chef-in-residence will be whipping up a light breakfast and a hearty lunch to keep you fueled for the food biz adventure.
The first half of the workshop focuses on all the the rules behind food regulations, liability, insurance, permitting and food prep.
Other topics covered in the AM session:
- Getting your concept out of your head and onto paper
- Exploring what business structure to chose
- A look at trends and gaps in local food scenes
- How to get you product on store shelves
- Getting the green light to sell at area markets
- Day in the life of a foodpreneur
- Working with Dept. of Health and Dept. of Ag
- Working in commissary kitchens
- Start-up costs and other fiscal consideration
During the lunch break besides enjoying Chef Jes’ food there will be opportunities to network and do some question asking of the expert panelists and presenters before the afternoon session kicks off.
The second half of the day will teach you how to tell your story, brand your business , build the buzz, and leverage social media platforms to build a loyal and engaged customer base.
Other topics covered in the PM session:
- Developing you brand
- Building and selling with you e-mail list
- Creating logos and graphics
- Marketing, PR and getting the word out
- Visual Merchandizing
- Deep dive into Social Media Strategy
- Food Photography
There are 3 tiers of ticket pricing.
Webcast Only – $97 – broadcast of morning and afternoon sessions (7 hours total)
Attending Workshop – $127 – full workshop, meals and networking hour
Workshop + Bonus – $197 – full workshop, meals, networking hour and a 3 month post-workshop membership in our private foodpreneur Facebook Group. For the first 4 weeks following the workshop we’ll host a live Q&A each week answering any new questions that arise as you start your business and coach you through your first weeks. Your membership in the group continues after these Q&A sessions and it serves as an invaluable way to continue the conversation and networking with your fellow classmates.
FEEDback Fair Saturday May 20th, 11am-3pm in the East End Courtyard
The FEEDback Fair is the culmination of East End’s startup series for foodpreneurs. Participants from the market’s Food Biz Start-Up workshops set up tables in the East End courtyard on a busy Saturday to receive comments on their concepts from the market’s many patrons.
Participation in the FEEDback Fair is by application/invitation only. Interested food start-ups can apply during the May 6th workshop or by downloading an application, filling it out and e-mailing it to Jessica
Audubon Park Exchange (APEX)
3201 Corrine Dr.
Orlando, FL 32803
Map and Directions