Market Hours: Mon-Thu 7a-7p,
Fri-Sat 7a-9p, Sun 8a-6p

Domu Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30-10:00;
Sat-Sun 11:00-2:30; 5:30-10:00


Kitchen Inquiry FAQ

Jes Emily Demo Kitchen Header



To start your food business, you will need to:

1 . Decide on a business entity. You will be a sole proprietor, a limited liability company, a corporation, etc.

2.  To apply for a Florida state tax ID number. Click here for the direct link.

3.  Register your business name. The only way to do this is here.

1491267_686478021387118_787908967_o4.  Attend and pass the Food Handler Manager Certification Class. You must have one food manager per every four employees. All other employees need a food handlers certification.

5.  Secure a commercial kitchen to work in.

Once you have completed all of the above, fill out the kitchen inquiry on the previous page, and you will be contacted if East End Market is a good fit for your business. Once you have verbal confirmation that East End Market will be your commissary kitchen you will apply for your state license.

6.  Apply for your state license.

If you are planning to cater, have a food truck, or sell hot food, you will deal with the DBPR – division of hotels and restaurants. They have an application, which you must print, fill out, and mail to them with the appropriate fee. Click here for application. You will not need a plan review. If you are baking, or making packaged products, you will deal with the Florida Department of Agriculture. Click here for application.

7.  Insuring your food business.

Your food business must be insured to work in our kitchen. If you need insurance our kitchen manager can suggest some of the preferred insurance agencies that have worked with out kitchen users.